Saturday 7 November 2015

Einstein's contract with his wife Mileva Maric


Albert Einstein (14th March 1879 - 18th April 1955):
A German born, physicist, who developed the Theory of Relativity and mass-energy equivalence formula, the famous E = mchad married Mileva Maric from 1903 to 1919, a former fellow student of Einstein and Elsa Lowenthal from 1919 to 1936.


The professional success of Einstein came with a price costing his personal life, he became estranged from his wife Mileva Maric. The couple initially tried to sort their differences and stay together, for the sake of their two sons Hans Albert and Eduard. In an effort to this Einstein also proposed a 'weird' contract with his wife, so that the relationship could progress. 




Below mentioned is the excerpt of the contract:
    
A. You will make sure
1. that my clothes and laundry are kept in good order;
2. that I will receive my three meals regularly in my room;
3. that my bedroom and study are kept neat, and especially that my desk is left for my use only.
B. You will renounce all personal relations with me insofar as they are not completely necessary for social reasons... you will stop talking to me if I request it.

Einstein later wrote to her again that, "Personal aspects must be reduced to a tiny remnant."  He also mentioned that "In return, I assure you of proper comportment on my part, such as I would exercise to any woman as a stranger." Initially Mileva Maric accepted the conditions and she took care of her husband Einstein, the way he wanted it to be, but later she felt intolerable and miserable that she existed from the contract.

Einstein, a Noble prize winner in Physics in 1921, who had the potential to develop an atom bomb, framed one of the most strangest relationship contract's in history. So, next time when we don't understand relationships and get them right, lets just think we are not alone in this even Einstein couldn't get this part right !!!

Anusha.K

No comments:

Post a Comment