Sunday 1 November 2015

Solution to those who cannot tell a "NO"


This is one of my grey areas. Not just for me, for many others too. Telling a 'no' and rejecting someone's idea or offer is one difficult task to accomplish (at least for me). Even today, I cannot put my foot down and strongly tell a 'no' to anyone immediately. Even to the least known friends of mine. So, I reluctantly end up doing it, but over a period of time we get exploited by this inability.

It was then, I figured out, the real problem is:

Telling a no right over someone's face immediately was difficult for me and getting a 'no' as response is difficult for them. There's disagreement and strain.



So, the solution to this is 'buying time'... With time they understand its a 'No.'
People buy time to tell 'No'.. Nobody want's to listen to rejection immediately!! 

Lets not keep others expectation high.. Nobody likes surprises in this. Giving hints like: "I'll confirm later.." or "I'll see.." or "I'll try.." really helps.. 

Try this you'll know difference.

Have fun!!!

Anusha.K

3 comments:

  1. i would like to give my opinion here.. dont you think I'll see or I'll confirm later is gonna again give hopes for the person asking for the favour or giving you an offer.

    Moreover I also feel this way of shying away also has an impact on One's own attitude or straightforwardness.

    whats your opinion on this? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gayathri ram,

      This article is for those who shy away and not able to tell a straight forward "NO." Not giving hopes, people buy time to tell no.. next time when I tell you, "Hey wait.. I'll confirm later" please understand.. (He he he...:P :O :D )

      Delete
    2. again double time replies :P

      Delete